Volunteer Registration Information
Thank you for applying to volunteer with KidsAbility. In order to start your volunteer placement, you are required to complete the following registration tasks:
1. Police Check
- The Letter of Request was attached in the email containing the Volunteer Registration log-in information.
- We realize that police checks can take quite some time to complete; therefore, if you can show proof (receipt) that you have started the process, an exception may be granted, and you may start a conditional volunteer position. You will still be required to bring in the completed record check when it is ready.
2. Review, Print, Sign and Submit Policies Related to:
3.Submit a Passport Type Photo (head and shoulders only)
- Please email your photo (head and shoulders only, like a passport photo but with a smile!) with the subject line "Volunteer Applicant (insert first and last name) ID Badge Photo" to email@example.com
- An ID Badge will be created for you using this photo
4.Complete Online Orientation Modules for:
5. This year Volunteer Services has developed a training program that will ensure we have all volunteers complete the following:
Criminal Offense Declaration – If vulnerable police check handed in within the past year, this document will take the place of obtaining a new one; Health & Safety Training; Volunteer Services Orientation; Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act; Tour of facility / placement area (when appropriate); Name Badges
Swim Orientation – for those contributing to our swim programs
NOTE: It is imperative that you complete the Orientation Modules and Quiz as they are Government mandated and we must comply with this directive.
Please know that all required documentation must be signed(policy consent forms above), a police check must be in progress and the online orientations viewed and quiz completed prior to beginning your volunteer placement with KidsAbility.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.