Behaviour Support Services Spring Workshop - An Evidence-Based Behavioural Approach to Feeding
What is Included?
- One 2-hour workshop covering the basics of feeding
- One 30-minute individual assessment and goal setting session
- One individualized summary report of recommended strategies
- One group drop-in consultation session for implementation assistance and troubleshooting
- One 30-minute individual follow-up session
The 2-hour group-format workshop will address:
- Identifying individualized feeding goals for your child
- Developing a mealtime routine
- Positive strategies to introduce new foods and expand feeding repertoires
- Addressing behaviours that interfere with mealtime using strategies rooted in Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
Following the initial learning workshop, an Instructor Therapist under the supervision of a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) will work alongside your family to review your feeding assessment and develop an evidence-based approach to build healthy eating habits. Over the following two weeks, therapists will support your family to apply your workshop learning and implement the recommended strategies during individual consultation meetings.
Families will receive a summary of recommendations outlining the strategies developed throughout consultation to continue to apply your learning. By registering for this workshop, you are committing to attending all session dates.