School Years Check-In Clinic
The School Years OT/PT clinic provides you with an opportunity to “check-in” with an Occupational Therapist (OT), Physiotherapist (PT) or both regarding concerns you may have about your child’s physical functioning.
Some questions/concerns you may have for the PT:
- concerns about your child’s range of motion/tone/strength/balance/co-ordination or walking
- questions about orthotics; questions about your home exercise program
Some questions/concerns you may have for the OT:
- daily activities (e.g. buttons, zippers, shoe-laces, using utensils for eating) related to a physical concern
- independence skills; hand and/or fine motor skills related to a physical concern
How to Access:
- Contact Intake at 1-888-372-2259, Ext 1214 or visit Referrals.
What to Expect (how long, who will be there):
Therapist’s will assess your child, answer your questions and provide strategies for you to carry out at home. Ongoing therapy is not provided. Appointments are 45 minutes in length (one hour appointments are available for families requiring input from both an OT and a PT).
When is it Offered:
The School Years check-in clinic is offered monthly throughout the year.