KidsAbility has an extensive inventory of physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and recreation therapy equipment that can be borrowed with a prescription from your therapist. Please speak to your therapist about your equipment needs. To view our inventory of walkers, bikes, wheelchairs, positioning aides, search by keyword in our catalogue
KidsAbility is grateful to benefit from the generosity of our community. Although we sincerely appreciate this gesture, due to storage restrictions and sanitary and safety risks we are not able to accept all donations.
KidsAbility is unable to accept the following:
- Equipment that is over 5 years old
- Electronics: i.e., computers, printers, phones, fax machines, TVs
- Trophies and medals
- Bathing, toileting, breast feeding/feeding equipment, hospital beds, infusion pumps, or feeding equipment
- Power wheelchairs and seating cushions or backrests that have been custom made for an individual
- Used car seats, helmets and baby gates
- Items that have had a recall by the manufacturer and used equipment that is not CSA approved
To check if your donation is something we can accept, please speak with your therapist or the Clinical Manager.
Even though we may not be able to accept the item that you wish to donate, another child or family could possibly benefit from this equipment. Please note that we do not endorse these organizations but are merely providing them as potential options.
- Kijiji (online classified ads)
- Zach’s List (online pediatric equipment exchange site)
- For the Needy Not the Greedy - located in Niagara Falls. Accepts used pediatric and adult equipment, wheelchairs and hospital beds.
- Hope and Healing International - based out of Richmond Hill, ships new and nearly new medical supplies and equipment to children and families in the poorest communities of the world.
Options for your donation listed here are shared for information only and is not intended to be a comprehensive list.
Thank you for thinking of KidsAbility for your donation. Please phone 519-886-8886, Ext. 8000 or email KidsAbilityInfo@kidsability.ca if you have any questions.