Helping Hands Group
Constraint Induced Movement Therapy Group
The Helping Hands program is a modified Constraint-Induced Movement Therapy (mCIMT) group targeted for children with one sided upper extremity weakness. This treatment approach involves restraining the arm/hand that is stronger, and forces intensive practice with the impaired arm/hand to promote functional use of that limb. This innovative therapy group has demonstrated positive changes in occupational performance and upper arm/hand function.
How to Access:
- Contact Intake at 1-888-372-2259, Ext. 1214
What to Expect:
- The Helping Hands group is offered to clients ages 7 to 11 years old
- Times: 8:45 am to 1:00 pm daily
- The group is run by Occupational Therapists and trained volunteers
When is it Offered:
- The group runs annually in August rotating each year through different KidsAbility sites.
- $150.00 to cover the cost of materials and constraint splint