Hosted by KidsAbility, iCan Bike helps children and youth with special needs to achieve an important life milestone: learning to ride a two-wheeled bike! This program uses unique adapted bicycles to help participants gain the skills and confidence they need to gradually transition to a regular two-wheeled bicycle.
Interested in learning more? Check out this video from a past iCan Bike program!
Your child must meet eligibility requirements and register for this event.
- Minimum of 8 years of age maximum of 18 years of age (or 21 if still in high school)
- Reside in Waterloo Region of Wellington County
- Have a disability
- Able to sidestep to both sides
- Able to walk without assistive device
- Maximum weight 220 lbs. (99 kg)
- Minimum inseam of 20" (51 cm) - measure from floor while rider is wearing sneakers
- Able to attend program session all 5 days
- Willing and able to wear a properly fitted bike helmet
What to Expect:
attend the program for 75 minutes each day for five days. Trained volunteers are provided to support
each participant. Families will need to
purchase a properly fitted bike. A
mandatory parent orientation will be scheduled prior to the program.
When is it Offered:
- This program is offered for one week in the month of July in Kitchener, Cambridge or Guelph on a rotational basis.
2020 Program Details:
- Date: July 13 to 17, 2020
- Location: Preston Memorial Auditorium, 1458 Hamilton Street, Cambridge
- Cost: $180.00
- Contact Intake at 1-888-372-2259 or 519-886-8886, Ext. 1214.
- Visit our Event Calendar for upcoming dates for iCan Bike.