KidsAbility News & Updates
An Update for KidsAbility Families
April 19, 2023
Over the course of the last several years, KidsAbility, like many other organizations has prioritized the safety and wellbeing of our clients, families, staff and visitors. We have all done our part and kept ourselves and one another as healthy as possible.
We have created our practices based on the recommendations of the Chief Medial Officer of Health and our local Public Health leaders.
We are grateful for their guidance. At the heart of all of our decisions was the obligation to ensure that the most vulnerable amongst us were as protected as possible.
We are pleased that while COVID will never go away, we have all learned how to live in an endemic world.
So we are announcing that as of April 19, 2023, KidsAbility has shifted from Universal Masking to a Mask-Friendly Policy.
What this means:
- For clients, families, volunteers and team members, masks will no longer be required in hallways, meetings, breakrooms, shared offices, and clinical areas.
- Clients and families can request that anyone in their presence wear a mask. This choice will be honoured and respected without question.
- Staff may be choose to wear a mask while interacting with a client.
- Pre-Screening for appointments is no longer required before coming on-site.
- Masks will remain available for anyone that prefers to wear one, and your choice will be respected
If you are feeling unwell, please stay home. This will help us to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff, clients and community.
In most situations, we will be able to be flexible and can switch to a virtual environment or re-book an appointment.
KidsAbility may reintroduce universal masking based on disease activity, during respiratory season or for outbreak management.
We are deeply grateful for everyone who has kept the wellbeing of our clients and staff in mind.
Chief Executive Officer
KidsAbility Centre for Child Development
COVID-19 Screening Questions
COVID-19 safety at KidsAbility continues to be our first priority. We remain diligent with our strict health and safety protocols and are pleased to announce we have successfully completed the Greater Kitchener Waterloo and Cambridge Chambers of Commerce and the Region of Waterloo's COVID-19 Safe Ambassador Program.