Stay & Play
Stay & Play Integrated Social Skills Group is a program that was developed by a KidsAbility™ Occupational Therapist (OT), and a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) in Guelph. This successful program has been running in the Guelph area for over 10 years and recently was introduced to our Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo sites.
- Children must be referred to Stay & Play by an OT or SLP to be eligible to participate in this group
- Children must be 3–5 years old
- Children must have significant social communication needs, who would benefit from a structured intervention group
- Families are encouraged to bring a peer/playmate for their child and to invite their child's childcare or school teacher
- Children must be clients of either KidsAbility™ , clients of St. Joseph’s Health Centre in Guelph or a client of Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA).
- Cambridge - KidsAbility™ (887 Langs Drive)
- Guelph-Wellington - St. Joseph’s Health Centre (100 Westmount Road)
- Kitchener - KidsAbility™ (65 Hanson Avenue)
- Waterloo - KidsAbility™ (500 Hallmark Drive)
There is no cost for this program, but to participate, a child must be referred by their therapist.
Please note that currently, the Stay & Play Social Skills Program is on hold.