Bike Clinic (TR)
KidsAbility’s Therapeutic Recreation (TR) Bike Clinic is an opportunity to support your child in riding a “regular” bicycle or to explore options for enjoying biking together as a family.
What to Expect:
Our team will work with you and your child to find a biking option that works for them through:
- An individualized bike assessment
- The opportunity to try two-wheel bike options
- Identifying teaching strategies to learn how to ride a two-wheel bike
- Investigating bike accessories or modifications that could help your child to ride
- Identifying an appropriate bike to best suit your child
- Problem-solving specific challenges impacting your child’s bike riding experience
- Identifying options available for you to enjoy biking together as a family (trailers, tandems, trail-a-bikes, tow arms, etc.)
- Accessing equipment through KidsAbility's Bike Loan Program.
Referrals to the TR Bike Clinic are accepted year-round. An initial appointment will be held virtually with parents and caregivers through Zoom to discuss your child's challenges and goals. In-person clinics are scheduled in the Spring and Summer.
This service is available free of charge to all families eligible for KidsAbility's Foundational Family Services.
How to Access This Service:
- Contact your KidsAbility Therapist.
- Refer your child through our Online Referral Form or by contacting our Intake Team at 519-886-8886 ext. 1214 or toll-free at 1-888-372-2259.
More Biking Programs & Services at KidsAbility:
KidsAbility also offers other biking-related programs to help your child or youth.
- Adapted Bike Day is an opportunity to try adapted bikes designed specifically for individuals with disabilities. Begin the process of purchasing a bike or learn about the bikes and accessories available through KidsAbility’s Bike Loan Program.